Saturday, June 9, 2007

A New Beginning - My Birth Story

No, this is not Star Wars. Though I'd like to think of my entry into this world as something of a force-twisting event for Daddy and Mummy.


Mummy's gynae, Dr Chua Yang had told Daddy and Mummy that I'm still rather comfortable in her tummy n shouldn't be coming out anytime soon. So, I thought I'd spring a surprise on everyone. Daddy said I'd be a Vesak Day baby, but hey, babies don't work public holidays OK.


I got a little restless on 1 June 2007 so I though might as well lah. Sure, I've had some good times in Mummy' stomach - with all the MacDonald's and KFC. But after a while, these are just too dull for me. I need the REAL world you know.


I gave Mummy some tummy-aches during the day. Silly Mummy (I didn't type this k Mum, Daddy did!) thought she had the runs. It's not until after dinner at Gong Gong n Por Por's house that she began to take me seriously. The things you have to do to get yourself heard!



Dr Chua asked Mummy to monitor the contractions that I'm giving her. To make things more exciting, I let some hind water out. Poor Daddy and Mummy had to pretend to be cool and make their way down to Thomson Medical Centre. Haha!


We reached the hospital slightly after 10pm and Mummy was checked into an observation room while Daddy registers Mummy's admission into the hospital. Thereafter, to cut a long story short, Dr Chua delivered me via c-section after Mummy went into labour for more than 8 hours (with epidural of course) - I had tried to come out by myself but I'm a tad too big for petite Mummy.




So there you have me, Isaiah Lee Yie, born on the second day of June 2007.

No comments: