Monday, June 11, 2007

The Road to the Paediatrician

The day is 9 June 2007. Appointment with paediatrician is scheduled at 8am. Daddy and Mummy woke up at 6am to get ready for the perilous journey to Mt Alvernia.

So all went well and I was duly fed at 6.30am. Safe enough right? Think again.

At 7.30am, Daddy and Mummy made their way to the car. As they prepared to drive off, I started to feel hungry. Hey it's not my fault. I'm a growing baby mah.

So Mummy had no choice but to breastfeed me discreetly at the back of the car while Daddy again drove the car like a constipated snail. When we reached the hopsital at 7.45am, I had this incredible urge to poo. I'd have waited till we reach the clinic but then when you gotta go, you gotta go! In the car no less. See how cute I look when I'm poo-ing ;)

Clinic doesn't open till 8.30am (then why did the doctor tell Daddy and Mummy to go so early??) so Daddy decided to change my diapers. Since he's at it, I had to puke out some milk that I had trouble keeping in my tummy. So out it came (sorry). They really had a tough time changing me I tell you. But cannot really fault them lah, first-time parents bringing their newborn out on their own for the first time.
Turned out the clinic was already open for parents to register. By the time Daddy and Mummy realised that, we'd already been relegated from 2nd to 6th or 7th in line. Haha.


Doctor came late. By the time it was our turn, I got hungry again. So poor Daddy had to go and make some formula milk while the doctor was showing Mummy the correct colour of my poo. Doctor also commented that I looked like Shrek. Luckily the doctor managed to qualify that it was because of the colour of my hooded towel before Mummy could lunge at his throat. *Phew*



While waiting to pay the $80+ consultation with the paediatrician (I've now made up my mind to be a doctor when I grow up), Daddy refused to let me have the forumla milk because "the milk powder had not fully dissolved". So poor Mummy had to breastfeed me a little in the nursing room while Daddy sat outside swirling a milk bottle and watching "Nanny McPhee".

Oh yeah I really need to tell you about this strange old aunty who stared at us while Daddy was feeding me after the milk is "properly dissolved". She was just staring like we were albino golden monkeys here for a limited time only. We are not alone I tell you.

And with that, I conclude the great adventure that Daddy and Mummy will remember as "The Road to the Paediatrician". Tata for now.

1 comment:

song of joy said...

dear baby isaiah,

i have a feeling that i'm not your first besotted fan, but i must tell you how absolutely adorable you are!! i'm completely taken by your cute baby pictures and all your baby escapades. i shall come and visit you very soon. be prepared for a lot of cuddles and cooing. be a good baby and don't tire your mommy and daddy out okie. :)

with all my love,
auntie caroline